TURKEY AND CARROT STEW

I look forward to my Sunday mornings at my neighborhood Farmers Market. It is usually jammed, and the energy is exhilarating. So much so that, as I purchase my fruits and vegetables for the week, I have to refrain from spinning into a shopping frenzy.
After retuning home with all my beautiful produce, I become overwhelmed with the bounty of my produce. It always looks like far too much when piled upon my kitchen counter. However, as I sip on a glass of wine, it always amazes me how the creative juices, rapidly, start flowing. I had thighs from my Di Paola Turkey Man, beautiful, golden carrots, and a huge head of cauliflower. Creativity blossomed. Visions of a Turkey and Carrot Stew with a Puree of Cauliflower danced into my imagination.
And later that evening, it was a hit!

RECIPE
Serves 4


1 1/4 LB. turkey thigh, in 2" cubes
1 teaspoon paprika 
2 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 14" rounds
2 medium leeks, sliced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon dill, chopped

Mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss the thigh pieces to coat.
Heat the oil and saute the carrots and leeks, on a low flame, for 5 minutes. 
Add the turkey thighs and brown for 2 minutes.
Add wine and reduce by half.
Add the chicken broth, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the half and half, and the mustard,and continue to simmer for 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Add the dill, mix and serve.

Note : Chicken works well, too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MACARONI AND CHEESE (ODE TO EDNA LEWIS)

GREEN SAUCE

GRANDMA'S SWISS STEAK