TRUFFLE PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS

When I think back on the amazing restaurant meals that I have consumed, 2 immediate visuals pop into my head. both were probably the most expensive  and so I quickly shove them out of my thoughts. However, restaurant Primaveras Truffle Pasta and Gray Kuntz' Truffle Risotto (notice the recurring theme?) were both Heaven on earth.
Truffles are definitely not in my budget so I didnt even attempt to recreate either of these dishes. Then I discovered Truffle Pasta (yes, the truffles are in the dough), truffle oil, and truffle salt. All affordable, and tossed together, my Nirvana.

RECIPE
SERVES 2

4 oz truffle pasta
1 tablespoon butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
1/4 cup parmesan
1 teaspoon truffle oil
sprinklling of truffle salt
balck pepper to taste (optional

Cook the pasta according to directions.
Saute mushrooms in butter and oil for 2-3 minutes.
Add the pasta, sage, and half the cheese, with 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and stir until the liquid evaporates.
Remove from heat and add the truffle oil and salt, and add pepper if desired.
Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

Eat slowly and savor.




Comments

  1. Mmm looks delish but where do you buy your truffle pasta?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MACARONI AND CHEESE (ODE TO EDNA LEWIS)

GREEN SAUCE

GRANDMA'S SWISS STEAK