HELLO AGAIN!

It has been a while since I have written on my blog. A new job and a change in household dynamics (kids home for the summer), stifled creativity. Though I was grateful for opportunities that have been presented to me-I love my job, and I'm surrounded with wonderful people- I was having some challenges in finding balance in my life. The tasks at work and at home became overwhelming, and I was impatient, tired, and anxious by days end. Well, this had to stop! I started this blog at a particularly low point in my life. I had lost my job, found myself inadequately equipped for the 21st centuries computer savvy world, and there was little possibility that I could ever work in my field again. The rules and requirements had changed and, to top it off, I was at a not-so-desirable age for employment.

A dear friend, Neyla, encouraged me to start a blog and share recipes. Blogging was quite alien to me but when presented as a food journal I decided to give it a try. At this depressing and, frustrating time in my life my blog gave me a way to employ a creative process. Cooking, photographing and, sharing (actually, that was a little terrifying) gave me a way to become more computer friendly and have fun. With the encouragement and support of my amazing children and friends, my blog began to give me focus and enjoyment, and aided me in slowly digging my way out of the blues. I was given advice, books, and equipment (a lovely Nikon Coolpix P310 camera) to improve my technique.

Even if I am the only one to read my blog, that's okay. It helped me find a way to be positive and value what I have, and not dwell on what I lost. I think I need its help again. So, I am back.

Thank you to everyone who frequents this blog. Be is regularly or occasionally, your interest is so appreciated. Stay tuned for more recipes, pictures, and stories.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MACARONI AND CHEESE (ODE TO EDNA LEWIS)

GREEN SAUCE

GRANDMA'S SWISS STEAK